1. Make a difference. Being part of an organization that empowers thousands of people annually to lead independent lives and discover happiness after a diagnosis of blindness or visual impairment is remarkably fulfilling.
2. We take pride in our employees, and we want them to know it. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset. That’s why we offer best-in-class compensation, benefits, learning and career advancement opportunities, and ways to help you lead a balanced, enjoyable life.
3. Doing good work and living well are not mutually exclusive. We provide our employees with benefit package options that are competitive and affordable. They are designed to help you live well now and throughout your career, and include comprehensive healthcare that offers access to extensive information and resources to assist you in making good decisions about your health and wellness.
4. Perks that create a fun, upbeat environment. While we know that compensation and benefits are important, we know the little things make a difference too. Our Loop Cafe offers delicious breakfasts and lunches for a subsidized cost to all employees and provides a free lunch on each person's birthday. We have employee recognition programs, give each person a discount RARES card which provides savings at local businesses, enjoy free downtown parking and much more.
5. We’re a business with a mission. Working here, we spend a lot of time thinking about job creation for people with barriers to independence. Then, we go out and create these jobs. We’re taking aim at the 70 percent unemployment rate for people who are blind or visually impaired because we know that by empowering people with the knowledge and skills to do meaningful work, we’re helping to build better communities.
6. The only constant is change. ABVI was founded a century ago. In the time since, we’ve evolved into one of the most dynamic, diverse, and robust non-profits in New York. And we’re not stopping now. Our fast-paced social enterprise model encourages innovation and that’s why we go the extra mile to ensure that our employees are given ample opportunity to learn, grow, and advance in the organization.
7. ABVI promotes learning. No matter your job at ABVI, we believe there's always room to learn more to achieve more. We are learning organization that offers personal and professional development opportunities and believes the sky's the limit to what each employee can achieve.
8. Opportunities abound. Because ABVI is a cutting-edge social enterprise, we are looking for a wide range of talent and skills for our many businesses. Our call center, packaging, fulfillment and sewing operations, food service, vision rehabilitation and administration areas provide room to utilize already honed talents and skills and develop new ones.
9. Creativity and team-work are strongly encouraged. Because we are an organization that believe all things are possible, we know that it takes each and every employee working together to achieve our mission. We appreciate fresh, innovative ideas and support a team-oriented culture where each person's success is shared by all.
10. It's an experience unlike any other. We acknowledge accomplishments and cheer achievements. We celebrate the community. We openly communicate in a diverse and inclusive environment. People pass you in the hall and say hello. Simply put, ABVI is a place that fosters friendships, offers the chance to grow as a person and a professional, and empowers everyone to see great things.
Learn more about the great benefits we offer or search our current openings.